Our football for everyone scheme has been running for almost two years now and has helped over 300 local refugee and asylum seekers. We
provide the equipment, the coaching and the kit, no identification or money is needed. In our opinion football should be for everyone, not just for people who can afford it, it doesn’t matter how
players come to us, how much money they have, how long they will stay or whether they have official documentation or not.
We promote a safe inclusive environment for people to enjoy football and play together in a non competitive environment. We run and
deliver football coaching and games that help to bring together people who are socially isolated and excluded and who many never have the opportunity or the inclination to socialise with those of a
different religion or background to themselves.
The main objectives of COLFC Community are:-
- To use football to make a positive impact on people’s lives across Liverpool.
- To promote societal inclusion and reduce social isolation for refugees and asylum seekers in the Merseyside region.
In furtherance of these core objects, the club shall: -
- Work, via our drop-in football sessions, with individuals above the age of 16 who are seeking asylum or seeking refuge or at risk of
exclusion or disadvantage based upon their race or religion, and to support the resolution of any issues they may have.
- Provide football-based activities which help individuals gain self-esteem, confidence and a sense of well-being through playing
football, socializing and team building.
- Signpost our service users towards housing, social care, education and training.
- Raise local awareness of the needs of the isolated and socially excluded people, and increase the ownership of the project by the
- Generate funds for all of the above by charitable or commercial means.
If you would like to get involved or find out more information then check out our website at www.footballforeveryone.org.uk, our Facebook page, or
follow us on Twitter at @COLFCcommunity.